Committed to Helping Clients Succeed
in Nassau and Suffolk County
Serving Nassau and Suffolk County on Long Island
The purpose of a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement is to amicably arrange your financial matters between you and your partner. Business and financial interests can be intricate and complex, especially when there is a vast amount of property or other assets. There may be many different reasons for settling such matters now as opposed to sometime in the future when current laws may have changed. Having a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement does not necessarily indicate that a divorce is an imminent event for your marriage.
– Valuable tool to help you and your spouse examine all of your assets, debts, and other financial resources
– Prenuptial agreements are growing in popularity, as more people are marrying a second or third time and realize the value of protecting their assets.
– Postnuptial agreements are very similar to prenuptial agreements but are just made after you and your spouse are married
– Each party (you and your fiancé or spouse) must have separate legal counsel to ensure the agreement accomplishes the purpose for it and that you are fully advised as to your legal rights at every step.
– Preserving separate assets
– Health insurance coverage
– Life insurance coverage
– Distributing appreciated value of assets
– Spousal support
– Bank, retirement, and investment accounts
– How Postnuptial Agreements Can Help You & Your Spouse
If you need advice concerning a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, The Law Office of Joshua Adam Kittenplan, P.C. is equipped to help you with any marriage contract.
We also offer personal legal support for matters such as:
New York Attorney Advertising. This is written for general information only. The information presented should not be considered formal legal advice. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.